Auburn run-rules No. 20 Oregon, falls in extras to No. 5 Washington

<p>Taylon Snow (2) sprints toward first base during Auburn softball vs. Villanova on Friday, Feb. 22, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Taylon Snow (2) sprints toward first base during Auburn softball vs. Villanova on Friday, Feb. 22, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn started with a run-rule victory before heading into extra innings on Friday.

The Tigers shut out No. 20 Oregon 8-0 in five innings before losing to No. 5 Washington 8-6 in a nine-inning bout.

Against the Ducks, Auburn opened up with two runs in the bottom of the third inning before scoring three runs in the fourth and fifth innings.

Makayla Martin finished with a season-high nine strikeouts with no walks and only three hits allowed against Oregon. The victory improved the Tigers’ win streak to 11 and gave them their first victory over a ranked opponent since the team's win last season over then-No. 16 Arkansas.

The win streak would end against the Huskies.

Washington scored the game's first run with a single score in the second inning before extending its lead to 3-0 in the third  Bree Fornis put Auburn on the board with an RBI triple before a bases-loaded walk put the Huskies back up three.

Alyssa Rivera hit an RBI single in the fifth before a three-run home run by Tannon Snow to put Auburn up 5-4. Washington would tie it up in the top of the seventh before the teams

Both teams would score in the eighth, but Washington held its lead after scoring two in the ninth. Auburn was unable to answer in the bottom of the ninth, failing to score a game-winning run at the plate.

The Tigers are now 16-4 on the season and will face UCLA in Auburn's final game of the Judi Garman Classic. The game is set for Saturday at 11:30 p.m. CST.

Share and discuss “Auburn run-rules No. 20 Oregon, falls in extras to No. 5 Washington” on social media.