Check out these library resources

<p>Students and professors in Auburn's English department discuss the University's literary canon.&nbsp;</p>

Students and professors in Auburn's English department discuss the University's literary canon. 

The Auburn Public Library, located on East Thach Avenue, works to inspire community members to explore new ideas, pursue their dreams and change their lives by connecting with their world, according to library director, Chris Warren.

“We do our best to have a wide collection that has something for everyone,” Warren said. “We keep up-to-date with current interest, popular trends and accuracy.”

Warren said he works to provide resources that interest the entire community.

“We have everything from children’s books to mysteries to books on how to file your taxes,” Warren said. 

Hard copy books are not the only resources the library provides to the public.

Subscriptions to CreativeBug, which provides unlimited access to more than 1,000 award-winning art and craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists, are available with a library card. 

Cardholders can download tutorials, patterns, templates and recipes. 

The library also works to accommodate Auburn University students by having study spaces available, especially during finals week, Warren said. 

“Students can take advantage of our Cloud Library, a digital leading platform for downloadable eBooks and audio books,” Warren said.

Through the Auburn Library, the Cloud Library offers thousands of popular eBooks and eAudioBooks at no cost. 

Library staff will host an introductory meeting to the digital library services on March 6, April 10 and May 1 at the Auburn Public Library. 

Flipster is another resource the library provides patrons. The magazine service allows cardholders to browse digital versions of the latest issues of more than 50 popular magazines. 

For those that prefer holding a real book, the Friends of the Auburn Public Library will host the “BIG Book Sale” April 6 through 8. The event will be held at the Auburn Public Library. 

To learn more about upcoming events, resources and volunteer opportunities, community members can visit the library or its website. 

Share and discuss “Check out these library resources” on social media.