The battle for starting slots continued today with another day of spring practice.
Both offense and defense saw plenty of action in drills today with several guys getting snaps with the starters and second units.
In a limited viewing window, here's what The Plainsman observed.
- QBs split off into partners all practice. Bo Nix and Joey Gatewood together, Malik Willis and Cord Sandberg together.
- Lots of QB focus separate from other position groups. Focus on throwing on the move and throwing across the body.
- Running back DJ Williams dominates in Tiger/Big Cat drill.
- Receivers Marquis McClain and Shedrick Jackson perform well in Tiger Drill against Jamien Sherwood and Noah Igbinoghene, respectively.
- Tight end Luke Deal was jogging today after having knee surgery in December.
- Nick Coe was in with firsts and seconds on drills.
- Redshirt freshman LBs Josh Marsh and Michael Harris ran drills with firsts.
- Defense ran drills on audibles at the line.
- Zion Puckett dominates Seth Williams in the Tiger Drill.
- Devan Barrett beat Seth Williams, K.J Britt beat Harold Joiner and Tyler Fromm beat linebacker Zakoby McClain in the Tiger Drill.
- Defensive back Javaris Davis (quad) is no longer wearing a non-contact jersey.
- Safety Smoke Monday (shoulder) continues to wear an orange, non-contact jersey.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get The Plainsman straight to your inbox.
- Backup kicker Sage Ledbetter missed one field goal outside 35 yards, hitting one as long as 45 yards. Finishing the practice session 7-of-8 on field goals. Arryn Siposs was his holder.
Do you like this story? The Plainsman doesn't accept money from tuition or student fees, and we don't charge a subscription fee. But you can donate to support The Plainsman.Support The Plainsman