GoFundMe for family of Rod, Paula Bramblett raises over $100,000 in less than 24 hours

<p>GoFundMe page raises money for the family of Rod and Paula Bramblett.</p>

GoFundMe page raises money for the family of Rod and Paula Bramblett.

The GoFundMe page created for the family of Rod and Paula Bramblett raised over $100,000 in less than 24 hours, according to the page.

Rod Bramblett, the "Voice of the Auburn Tigers," and his wife Paula both died from injuries sustained in a two-vehicle accident Saturday evening in Auburn.

Gene Dulaney, senior vice president of AuburnBank, created the page on Sunday night to help the Brambletts two children, daughter Shelby and son Joshua Bramblett, move forward with life's expenses.

The page had raised the money from over 1,200 donors at the time of this story's publication. The current goal is set at $150,000.

The page surpassed a goal of $25,000 in about an hour, and the goal was increased multiple times.

Rod Bramblett broadcasted Auburn games since 1993, and he was the lead Auburn broadcaster since 2003. Paula Bramblett worked in Auburn University's Office of Information Technology.

According to the page, Shelby Bramblett is a sophomore at Auburn University, and Joshua Bramblett will be a 10th grader at Auburn High School this fall. 

Rod Bramblett was named Alabama Sportscaster of the Year in 2006, 2010 and 2013, and he was named Sports Illustrated’s Sports Broadcaster of the Year in 2013 following his call during Auburn's “Kick Six” win in the Iron Bowl.

A service celebrating the lives of the couple will be held Thursday, May 30, at 2 p.m. in Auburn Arena, according to an announcement from Auburn Athletics Sunday night.

Share and discuss “GoFundMe for family of Rod, Paula Bramblett raises over $100,000 in less than 24 hours” on social media.