New assistant city manager named

<p>The city of Auburn names a new assistant city manager, Megan McGowen Crouch.</p>

The city of Auburn names a new assistant city manager, Megan McGowen Crouch.

The city of Auburn has announced a new assistant city manager. Megan McGowen Crouch will take on the role following the departure of Kevin Cowper, who left the role in April to become the city manager of Dothan, Alabama, according to a statement from the city of Auburn. 

Crouch first started working with the city of Auburn as an intern with the Planning Department in June 1997. She brings over 21 years of experience to the new position. 

During her time with the city, Crouch had a hand in industrial recruitment and commercial development. She also helped to develop and implement plans such as the Renew Opelika Road Project, the Downtown Master Plan and the Northwest Auburn Plan, according to the statement.

“Megan’s expertise in so many different areas of city operations makes her an excellent fit for this role,” said City Manager Jim Buston. “The City of Auburn is fortunate to have a dedicated professional of Megan’s caliber working passionately each and every day to promote and advance the best interests of our community.” 

Crouch’s former position as executive director for development services will be fulfilled by Scott Cummings. Cummings, who was also appointed by Buston, previously served as director of public works for the city. 

A number of other staffers will take on different roles within the city staff as Crouch takes on the role of assistant city manager, according to the statement. 

Share and discuss “New assistant city manager named” on social media.