Reward being offered for information in 2018 homicide investigation

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

The Auburn Police Division is asking for the public’s help as part of an ongoing investigation into a February 2018 homicide.

Responding officers discovered 30-year-old Cedric Jerome Parker Jr., of Auburn, lying outside a residence suffering from a gunshot wound on Feb. 15, 2018, according to Auburn police.

At about 10 p.m. Feb. 15, 2018, Auburn police responded to a report of multiple shots fired within a housing community in the 900 block of Old Mill Road, according to previous reports.

When officers arrived, they found Parker dead outside a residence.

Based on the preliminary investigation, police said they determine the shooting stemmed from a previous conflict between the victim and individuals known to him.

Parker was pronounced deceased at 11:02 p.m. by an EAMC emergency room physician, Auburn police said in a release Thursday afternoon.

A $5,000 reward has been secured through the Alabama Governor’s Office with the efforts of a local state representative, Auburn police and the Lee County’s District Attorney’s Office, according to the news release.

“The reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual responsible for the homicide,” the release reads.

Police ask anyone with information on the case to call Auburn detectives at 334-501-3140 or the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1391.

Share and discuss “Reward being offered for information in 2018 homicide investigation” on social media.