Derrick Brown earns SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors

Auburn's Derrick Brown gets a soack in the first half.
Auburn vs Texas A&M on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019 in College Station, TX.
Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics
Auburn's Derrick Brown gets a soack in the first half. Auburn vs Texas A&M on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019 in College Station, TX. Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

For the fourth week in a row, a member of the vaunted Auburn defense has earned recognition from the SEC for his performance. 

In Week 1, senior safety Jeremiah Dinson led the team with 14 tackles, earning SEC Defensive Player of the Week. Then, in back-to-back weeks, senior defensive end Marlon Davidson dominated the line of scrimmage and was named SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week. This week, senior defensive lineman Derrick Brown got in on the action, as well, and earned the same award as Davidson after a career day in College Station.

While there were concerns about how effective Brown would be after leaving the Kent State game with an upper-body contusion, any questions about his health were quickly put to rest. 

Brown showed exactly why many draft experts have him projected as a top-10 pick in next year's draft, finishing with four tackles — three for loss — two sacks, two pass deflections and a forced fumble. 

Brown also took home the Bednarik Player of the Week award for top defensive player in the country for his efforts.

The fourth-year defensive tackle from Sugar Hill, Georgia, had career-highs in tackles for loss, pass deflections and sacks. Brown led a defense Saturday that dominated the Texas A&M offensive line all game, holding it to just 56 yards rushing and sacking quarterback Kellen Mond three times. Auburn will certainly look to Brown for another stellar performance as it faces another solid offensive line this weekend against Mississippi State.

Share and discuss “Derrick Brown earns SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors” on social media.