GPAC is in full swing for fall

<p>The bands LANY and COIN took the stage at the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center on Aug. 22, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

The bands LANY and COIN took the stage at the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center on Aug. 22, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

The Gogue Performing Arts Center, which has been open for a little over a month, is gearing up for the atists and performers slated to come in the fall.

Grant Lacky, an actor and box office attendant for the Center, said visitors to the center have left good feedback.

”Though the Center is brand spanking new, it has received a ton of praise from the community, as well as performers,” Lacky said. “The efficiency of the building allows performances to be more in-depth, which we take pride in. We value serving the community through the arts. Children love the center and it is disability friendly.”

The 85,000 square foot multipurpose building, which seats approximately 1,200 people, has showcased artists such as singer Reneé Fleming, renowned performer Sutton Foster and musical group Postmodern Jukebox in its first month of operation.

“The Gogue center is held near and dear to the hearts of Auburn citizens, considering that it’s named after the former president of Auburn University, Jay Gogue, and his dear wife Susie. This center surely has a ton of respect and support surrounding it,” Lacky said. “We encourage citizens and students of Auburn to come by for a visit.”

Performances in October will include Diavolo: Architecture in Motion; Larry Steve and Rudy — The Gatlin Brothers; jazz musician Chris Botti; and acrobatic Cirque Mechanic.

The Gogue Center will also be hosting masterclasses with artists who visit the center. 

Artists will also have the opportunity to interact with and teach students in the theater department.

A variety of artists in the spring will be speaking, giving guests the chance to hear from musicians and performers.

Matinees, specifically intended for K-12 students, will be coming in the spring, according to staff members at the Gogue Center.

Share and discuss “GPAC is in full swing for fall ” on social media.