UPC comedy show ends up a no-go

<p>YouTubers Cody Ko and Noel MIller will be featured at UPC's fall comedian event.&nbsp;</p>

YouTubers Cody Ko and Noel MIller will be featured at UPC's fall comedian event. 

Auburn’s University Program Council announced that comedians Cody Ko and Noel Miller will no longer be making an appearance on Auburn’s campus. 

UPC originally planned to have Ko and Miller come to Auburn on Oct. 3, 2019. They were notified a few days ago by Ko’s agent that there was a conflicting obligation that made him unable to be on campus, said Scott Murphy, senior in biomedical science. 

“It was something that was a contract obligation from their side,” Murphy said. “They reached out and said that they would no longer be able to come during that day. Unfortunately, the way our contract process works, we don’t have any way to take action against them.” 

Students in UPC had been working on booking Ko and Miller for months, said Alison Moore, senior in biomedical sciences. 

“We have agents that we have worked with in the past that work for a lot of larger companies,” Moore said. “You can literally google who his agent is and find the company, then we can just reach out to someone we know at that team, then they would refer us to a more personal agent.”

Looking toward the spring semester, UPC will be trying to keep in contact with Ko and Miller, Murphy said. 

“We’re not giving up on them, so we want to try and see them come because we know that would be a big hit on campus.”

Share and discuss “UPC comedy show ends up a no-go” on social media.