Update: Police recover missing Auburn teen's vehicle; search continues

Saturday, Oct. 26, 4:10 p.m. — Update:

Police said they located the vehicle of missing 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard on Friday, Oct. 25, at an apartment complex in Montgomery. Blanchard has not been located, police said.

The vehicle was damaged between the time it was last seen and its recovery, according to police. Anyone with information about the vehicle's whereabouts between Oct. 23 and 25 or a collision involving the vehicle is urged to contact APD at 334-501-3140 or the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1391.

The Auburn Police Division is asking for the public’s help in locating an Auburn teen who was reported missing to police Thursday. 

Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, last communicated with a friend Wednesday night just before midnight, police said.

Her vehicle was last seen at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday in the area of South College Street and Interstate-85 in Auburn, according to Auburn Police Chief Paul Register.

There is no evidence of foul play currently, but the investigation will continue until Blanchard’s whereabouts are determined, police said.

Police describe Blanchard as a light-complexioned black female who is 5-feet 6-inches tall and 125 pounds. She has brown eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing a black dress, tan duck boots and black stockings, police said.

Campus Safety tweeted Thursday night that Blanchard is a Southern Union State Community College student. 

Police ask if anyone with information regarding Blanchard and/or her vehicle’s whereabouts is asked to call the Auburn Police Division Detective Section at 334-501-3140, the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1391 or the 24-hour non-emergency number at 334-501-3100.

Eduardo Medina | Editor-in-chief

Eduardo Medina, senior in journalism, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Update: Police recover missing Auburn teen's vehicle; search continues” on social media.