New culinary fee added at The Hound and The Depot

<p>The Hound on Feb. 25, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

The Hound on Feb. 25, 2019, in Auburn, Ala. 

The Hound and The Depot have added a new culinary fee to food items on customers’ bills  

The fee went into effect on Oct. 15 and amounts to a 3% increase on the bill. 

According to the Executive Leadership Team at The Hound and The Depot, the fee was added to help provide higher wages to kitchen employees. 

“We rely heavily on our kitchen team to provide the highest quality food and must implement this new policy in order to pay a more competitive wage and retain the best talent possible,” according to a press release from the Executive Leadership Team. “This fee is distributed directly to the non-management hourly kitchen staff in addition to their normal rate of pay."

The fee was not a concept that originated in Auburn, so if customers have questions for the restaurants and would like to discuss it further, the Executive Leadership Team encourages those to reach out to a manager of either establishment. 

“Our intention is to be transparent, to both our staff and our guests, and to provide a fair living wage to all of our employees,” the Executive Leadership Team stated in the press release. “We are grateful for the continued loyalty of our Auburn family. Together, we are building a better future for the Auburn culinary community.” 

Share and discuss “New culinary fee added at The Hound and The Depot ” on social media.