Third suspect arrested in connection to Aniah Blanchard case

<p>David Johnson Jr. was arrested and charged with hindering prosecution in Montgomery for his role in Blanchard's disappearance, according to Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes.</p>

David Johnson Jr. was arrested and charged with hindering prosecution in Montgomery for his role in Blanchard's disappearance, according to Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes.

A third person has been arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of Aniah Blanchard, according to officials.

Two other suspects, Ibraheem Yazeed and Antwn "Squirmy" Fisher, were arrested and charged with kidnapping.

On Monday, human remains believed to be those of Blanchard were found in Macon County, Alabama, according to Hughes.

"I can confirm that human remains have been found in Macon County, and we have good reason to believe they are that of Aniah Blanchard," Hughes said.

Officials said they located what appeared to be human remains several feet into the woodline in the 38000 block of County Road 2 in Shorter, Alabama, on Nov. 25, 2019, at around 10:45 a.m.

A complete investigation is underway by officials to determine the identity and how the victim came to be at that location, according to police. 

Officials said the examination will explore if the remains are those of Blanchard.

The case remains under investigation by the Auburn Police Division.

Share and discuss “Third suspect arrested in connection to Aniah Blanchard case” on social media.