Enhanced risk for severe weather in Auburn on Saturday

National Weather Service is predicting severe weather that could produce damaging winds and tornadoes on Saturday.

The Auburn area is expected to experience severe weather on Saturday between 2 and 8 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.

Lee County is an "enhanced risk" area, meaning severe thunderstorms, damaging winds up to 70 mph and tornadoes are all possible Saturday, according to the NWS.

The Alabama Emergency Management Agency is expecting storms to enter Alabama around 9 a.m. and leave the state around 9 p.m.

A more exact timing of the storm is expected to become clearer as Saturday approaches.

Forecasters and experts are advising Alabamians to prepare now for severe weather and have a plan in place for taking shelter.

Greene Hall — located in the College of Veterinary Medicine — and Ralph Draughon Library are opened whenever a tornado watch is issued for Auburn University, day or night, for those who do not have a suitable place to shelter.

Eduardo Medina | Editor-in-chief

Eduardo Medina, senior in journalism, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Enhanced risk for severe weather in Auburn on Saturday” on social media.