Police searching for suspect involved in Friday night shooting incident

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

Auburn police are looking for a suspect wanted in connection to a shooting incident that happened inside of a business on Friday evening.

Police responded to the 1600 block of Opelika Road at about 10:26 p.m. because of a shots fired call, according to an email sent to The Plainsman by Auburn Police Division Captain Clarence Stewart.

A physical altercation occurred and an unknown male produced a handgun and fired it inside the business, according to Stewart.

An Auburn 17-year-old was taken from the scene by a personal vehicle to East Alabama Medical Center for an injury related to the incident. The victim was treated and released by EAMC for a non-life-threatening injury, Stewart said.

Stewart said no other injuries have been reported to Auburn police.

Police are attempting to identify and locate the suspect wanted in connection to the incident, Stewart said.

The suspect is in his late teens and was wearing a white or grey hoodie and jeans with black athletic shorts beneath, according to Stewart.

The case remains under investigation by the Auburn Police Division.

Police ask anyone that has information on the case to call the Auburn Police Detective Section at 334-501-3140 or leave a message on the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1391.

Eduardo Medina | Editor-in-chief

Eduardo Medina, senior in journalism, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Police searching for suspect involved in Friday night shooting incident” on social media.