Organic supermarket chain Earth Fare closing all locations

<p>The North Carolina based organic grocery chain announced Monday, Feb. 3, that it would be closing all of its 50 locations.&nbsp;</p>

The North Carolina based organic grocery chain announced Monday, Feb. 3, that it would be closing all of its 50 locations. 

Organic supermarket Earth Fare will be shutting down all of its 50 locations, including its Auburn location on Opelika Road, the company announced Monday morning. 

The company issued a press release citing the reason for closing as financial struggles within the company. 

“While many initiatives improved the business, continued challenges in the retail industry impeded the company’s progress as well as its ability to refinance its debt,” the release reads. “As a result, Earth Fare is not in a financial position to continue to operate on a go-forward basis.” 

The company encourages shoppers to take advantage of the closing sales that will take place leading to the closing of the stores during the liquidation process. 

The North Carolina-based supermarket chain has not released an official date for the closing of their stores but said the stores are expected to close by the end of the month. 

“Earth Fare has been proud to serve the natural and organic grocery market, and the decision to begin the process of closing our stores was not entered into lightly,” the release reads. “We’d like to thank our team members for their commitment and dedication to serving our customers, and our vendors and suppliers for their partnership.”

Share and discuss “Organic supermarket chain Earth Fare closing all locations” on social media.