Meet Xavier Kimbrell: candidate for SGA vice president

Xavier Kimbrell, junior in biochemistry, is running for SGA vice president.

Being a first-generation college student with a major in biochemistry, SGA vice presidential candidate Xavier Kimbrell knows the meaning of hard work.

Kimbrell, junior in biochemistry, began his involvement in student government in high school, where he ran for treasurer multiple times — a position he knew he would win – often unopposed. 

According to Kimbrell, he didn’t feel as if he had the self-confidence to run against anyone else during high school, but now, due to the culmination of the experiences he’s had and the relationships he’s formed since coming to Auburn, he feels more than prepared to run in an election of this magnitude. 

One of Kimbrell’s main focuses is improving the outreach of Senate and making it a better representation of the student body.

Kimbrell said he hopes he can increase student representation during his term via an amendment that was recently tabled indefinitely in an SGA Senate meeting.

In addition, he hopes to make some structural changes to committees that are somewhat outdated, updating them to better suit the current student population of Auburn.

Kimbrel said a good way to bridge the gap between senators and students could be to have a field day once a month, where the senators would all go to meet and discuss topics and ideas with students. 

For Kimbrell, he hopes not to just continue the traditions of SGA to promote and serve, but to exceed and go beyond for the present and the future.

Share and discuss “Meet Xavier Kimbrell: candidate for SGA vice president” on social media.