Auburn Public Library transitions to COVID-19 community resource center

<p>The&nbsp;Auburn Public Library is located in Auburn, Ala.</p>

The Auburn Public Library is located in Auburn, Ala.

The Auburn Public Library will close to the public and transition to a community resource center beginning Friday, March 20, at 5 p.m., according to a release from the City.

The community resource center will provide residents with information and assistance related to the COVID-19 virus. Library staff members will have information on the City’s response to the health crisis and resources in the area available to community members.

Library staff members will be available to answer questions by phone or email. The contact information for the resource center is 334-501-7307 and weblibrary@auburnalabama.org. 

Community members can call Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

All programs and events have been canceled through April 5 at the Auburn Public Library. This includes all storytimes, Gamer’s Society, Show and Tell Book Club and Author Visit with Patti Callahan Henry. 

All library due dates are also suspended through April 10 for items currently borrowed. 

Elizabeth Hurley | Community Editor

Elizabeth, senior in journalism and political science, is the community editor for The Plainsman

@lizhurley37

community@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “Auburn Public Library transitions to COVID-19 community resource center” on social media.