Auburn University extends operational modifications through June 30

<p>Samford Hall in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Samford Hall in Auburn, Ala.

Operational modifications put in place by Auburn University to slow the spread of COVID-19 have been extended through June 30, 2020, the University announced in email on Monday. The modifications include things like the cancelation of all University events and working from home for University employees that are able, the University said.

The original May 9 end date for the modifications was tentative, the University said.

All University events are canceled through June 30. 

Current employees of the University will continue to receive payment at their regular rate of pay until May 9, even if they are unable to perform normal job responsibilities, the email said. Beginning May 10, employees who have been approved to work remotely are instructed to do so until the June 30 end date.

Employees unable to handle job duties due to a COVID-19 related issue are told to consult the University's leave guidelines, found here.

Remote instruction will continue for courses held in the summer sessions 1 and 2. The University said a decision will be reached by June 1 about whether courses for session 3 will be held online. 

The University Medical Clinic remains open.

"The university medical clinic remains open. Those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should not come to work and should immediately call the Auburn Medical Clinic at 334-844-9825 before visiting the clinic. Employees are expected to communicate with supervisors and seek approval of any absences during which they will not be available for work," the email reads.

Evan Mealins | Editor-in-chief

Evan Mealins, senior in philosophy and economics, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

@EvanMealins

ecm0060@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Auburn University extends operational modifications through June 30” on social media.