Opelika Stopwatch Urgent Care offers drive-up COVID-19 testing

<p>Stopwatch Urgent Care&nbsp;in Opelika, Ala. on Sunday, April 8, 2018.</p>

Stopwatch Urgent Care in Opelika, Ala. on Sunday, April 8, 2018.

Stopwatch Urgent Care is now conducting drive-up COVID-19 testing at their Opelika location. Testing is available on Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

Stopwatch recommends patients contact the clinic to reserve a spot, but drive-up testing is also available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Insurance fully covers the testing process regardless of COVID-19 symptoms, as studies now show 25% to 50% of carriers to by asymptomatic.

Stopwatch Urgent Care locations in Auburn and Phenix City currently do not offer COVID-19 testing, instead staying open for non-COVID-19 related illnesses and injuries. Neither locations require appointments to be seen.

“Across the country, we’ve seen a rapid decline in emergency room and urgent care visits,” said Mark Morgan, Director of Operations for Stopwatch Urgent Care. “Statistically, people should still be experiencing urgent care illnesses and injuries, but they just aren’t coming in to visit. We feel that people are worried to be seen at an urgent care, but we are taking the necessary steps to limit exposure to the virus.”

Stopwatch Urgent Care said it follows CDC Infection Control guidelines in their cleaning practices to minimize the risk of exposure.

Share and discuss “Opelika Stopwatch Urgent Care offers drive-up COVID-19 testing” on social media.