New restaurant tees off with mini-golf

<p>The Country Club of Auburn has a nine-hole mini-golf course for diners to enjoy.</p>

The Country Club of Auburn has a nine-hole mini-golf course for diners to enjoy.

Country Club of Auburn opened Aug. 1 on South College Street, offering food and fun for families and students alike. 

It not only offers food but also a nine-hole mini-golf course as an after-dinner activity. 

COVID-19 caused a delay in plans, said Jonathan Davis, Country Club of Auburn owner. They originally planned to open in April of this year and had to delay the opening until August. 

Davis said they have seen the same people come “two, three, even four times” since they have opened.

“People who have given it a visit have definitely repeated and continue to come,” he said. 

They have had families and students alike come time and time again, Davis said.

“This is one of those concepts that is perfect for everybody,” he said. 

They expect to see locals during the lunch hours, students in the afternoon after classes, and then they hope to cater to a little bit of everybody for dinner, he said.

Davis said Country Club of Auburn has hours meant to accommodate everyone. They are open Monday–Thursday from 5–11 p.m., Friday– Saturday from 11 a.m.–11 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.–10 p.m.

“We definitely see more families at 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. time and more students having dinner at around 7 p.m., 8 p.m.,” he said. “Then late night skews towards the younger crowd.”

In the future, Davis said they plan to be open for brunch, lunch and dinner every day. Right now, they’re waiting for things to normalize amidst COVID and are following suit of what the University is doing. 

“With the campus being primarily closed and a lot of the staff still not having to work from campus, that would be a big piece of our lunch portion,” he said. “We’re waiting for that to open back up, and we’ll follow suit.”

Country Club of Auburn has also provided more jobs for students on campus since its opening.

“I would say 75%-plus [of the staff] are Auburn University students,” Davis said.

With the restaurant staying so busy, Davis said they will soon begin to take reservations.

“We’re going to start doing reservations here in the next week or two,” Davis said. “Currently we’re only accepting reservations for groups of 10 and over because we have such a large restaurant. We’re probably one of the biggest restaurants in Auburn.” 

Aside from the inside seating, the restaurant has 16 tables on a courtyard-covered patio. 

“Then we have a second bar outside with seating there [and] then the whole nine-hole course,” Davis said. 

Davis said he studied at Auburn and decided to stick around and open four other businesses before eventually opening Country Club of Auburn. 

“I went to Auburn and didn’t leave and have a few other local businesses including Greystone Mansion, Creekside Event Center and then Auburn Events,” he said. “This was a next step in doing a restaurant that ...  would be open everyday.”

Share and discuss “New restaurant tees off with mini-golf” on social media.