Auburn man arrested following U.S. Capitol riot

These images, among others, were released by the Metropolitan Police Department of Washington D.C. following the Capitol riot last week. They are asking for any information on the individuals depicted.

On Monday, a judge revoked the bond of an Auburn man after he was photographed inside the U.S. Capitol building during last week's riot, according to reporting by the Associated Press. 

William Watson, a 23-year-old who was out on bond for drug-related charges, was taken back into custody after he was identified as the man wearing a yellow sweatshirt who had appeared in multiple pictures taken during the riot. 

By traveling to the nation's capital, prosecutors argued, Watson had violated the terms of his bond which forbade him from leaving the state. 

Watson was identified, in part, because of a distinct tattoo on his hand which has been the cause of conspiracy theories. Some online tried to claim that Watson's tattoo depicted a hammer and sickle — a common symbol representing communism — but Watson said online that the tattoo was, in fact, a reference to the video game Dishonored. 

Watson was arrested in Auburn. 

Share and discuss “Auburn man arrested following U.S. Capitol riot” on social media.