Plainsman's Choice 2021 | Best Wing: Voodoo Wing Co.

VooDoo Wing Co. wins best wings for Plainsman's Choice 2021 on Mar. 28, in Auburn, Ala.

There’s a reason Voodoo Wing Co. was named best wing in town for Plainsman’s Choice in 2020.

The same reason is why Voodoo is going back-to-back and was named Plainsman’s Choice for best wing in 2021.

When it comes to wings in Auburn, Voodoo is on top.

Anyone going to Voodoo has the option between traditional, bone-in wings or boneless wings.

But from there, the choice gets tougher.

Voodoo offers a wide variety of homemade sauces with more traditional wing sauces like lemon pepper to a cajun ranch or VooDoo sauce you won’t find anywhere else. All in all, Voodoo has 12 different sauces: BBQ, teriyaki, garlic parmesan, lemon pepper, sweet heat, mild, cajun ranch, medium, VooDoo, hot, mango habanero and The Bomb.

You can also get a side of sauce, allowing you to mix and match and create your own flavor.

Though, if you’re planning to get The Bomb, you better come prepared with a large glass of milk. It’s no joke.

Voodoo’s wings are always hot and fresh, with plenty of meat on them to make sure you get your fill.

And if you’re not feeling wings but still want chicken, Voodoo also has a buffalo chicken sandwich.

Voodoo also offers several different sides to complement your wings. 

The Sidewinder fries are crispy and seasoned to perfection. As are the tater tots. Fried pickles are available to those searching for something fried, but a little different. Potato salad is a newer option on the menu if you’re in search of something completely different as a side. And, to make Mom happy, you can also choose to add extra celery and carrots to what you already receive with your meal.

If you’re looking for something to sweet to finish things off, Voodoo offers homemade banana pudding and a peanut butter cup pie, or key lime pie if you’re lucky and owner Jan Singer is in town. Though, she bounces back and forth between the Auburn, Mobile, Tuscaloosa and Las Vegas locations.

So if you’re hungry or a wing-extraordinaire, Voodoo Wing Co. on South College is the place for you.

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice 2021 | Best Wing: Voodoo Wing Co.” on social media.