Police ask for help identifying harassment suspect

<p>The door to the Auburn Police Division on Friday, April 6, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

The door to the Auburn Police Division on Friday, April 6, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect who physically harassed a female victim on Harper Avenue Wednesday afternoon.

Auburn Police Division said it was reported that at approximately 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, a male suspect harassed a female victim walking near the 400 block of Harper Avenue and touched her inappropriately. After citizens intervened, the suspect fled the area. 

APD said the suspect was described as a Black male of average build and approximately 5-foot-8 wearing a white shirt, dark-colored medical mask, a dark-colored do-rag, dark shorts and socks and no shoes. 

Students and faculty were sent an email from Campus Safety at 5:35 p.m. Thursday notifying them of APD's request for assistance in identifying the suspect. 

If anyone has information regarding the suspect's identity, they are encouraged to contact APD Detectives at 334-501-3140, call the tip line at 334-246-1391, or the 24-hour non-emergency number at 334-501-3100.

Evan Mealins | Editor-in-chief

Evan Mealins, senior in philosophy and economics, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

@EvanMealins

ecm0060@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Police ask for help identifying harassment suspect” on social media.