LETTER TO THE EDITOR | Don't give up on Bo Nix and the Tigers yet

<p>Bo Nix (10) runs the ball during a football game between Ole Miss and Auburn on Oct. 30, 2021, from Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, AL, USA.</p>

Bo Nix (10) runs the ball during a football game between Ole Miss and Auburn on Oct. 30, 2021, from Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, AL, USA.

Auburn fans are disappointed, and rightfully so, following the loss in College Station last weekend. Although this was a devastating loss, the Tigers are still very much in control of their own destiny.

Yet again an underwhelming performance by Bo Nix on the road who this season has managed a 57.4% completion percentage and only three touchdowns through the air while playing on the road.

You may ask “Why not give up on Nix?” Well, despite a poor performance by Nix, the junior quarterback had little to no help from his offensive line and receiving core. The quarterback has also already been benched once this season and got his job back after a stunning performance against LSU, which was the first Auburn win in Death Valley in 22 years.

Nix at home this season has been spectacular, despite the Georgia game where the Tiger receivers managed 19 total drops. At home this season, Bo has a completion percentage of 63.4% and tossed six touchdowns, with one interception that had bounced out of a receiver's hands.

The Tigers face off against Mississippi State and South Carolina in the upcoming weeks and if they can make it through these manageable games Auburn should cruise into the Iron Bowl with a real shot at the SEC Championship game in Atlanta.

The race will come down between Auburn, Alabama, and Texas A&M. Texas A&M faces off against Ole Miss and LSU on the road, the Tigers only need the Aggies to drop one of these challenging games to stay alive.

Presented the opportunity, Auburn would just have to take care of a struggling Alabama offense at home in the Iron Bowl. Coming in the Tide would be heavily favored, but the Auburn defense brings in an impressive resume with major performances against the Ole Miss offense and not allowing a single touchdown last Saturday facing the Aggies. This defense is confident and talented led by veterans Owen Papoe and Zakoby McClain, with NFL prospect Roger McCreary in the secondary.

Finally, I would like to add that Alabama has not won in Jordan-Hare since 2015. So these Auburn Tigers are dangerous and still very much contenders in the SEC West race.

Devin Denny is a freshman majoring in crop and soil science. 

Share and discuss “LETTER TO THE EDITOR | Don't give up on Bo Nix and the Tigers yet” on social media.