Two arrested for possession of destructive device

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

After the Auburn Police Department responded to complaints of shots fired between the evening of Dec. 6 and early morning of Dec. 7, a suspect was developed and was found to be in possession of a firearm and an illegal explosive.

Quintevis Jacquez Phillips, 30, and Johnny Phillips Jr., 74, were arrested and charged with possession of a destructive device, while Jacquez Phillips was also charged with possession of a pistol without a permit. Additional charges are still possible at the time.

Jacquez Phillips was the suspect developed initially after reports of shots fired on the 2400 block of West Tech Lane. However, in a follow up investigation, authorities executed a search warrant on the 300 block of Jones Street where Phillips Jr. was the primary occupant, and items consistent with the destructive device were also found there.

Both men were transported to the Lee County Jail where their bonds were both set to at least $100,000. This case is still under investigation and updates will be made as more information becomes available.

Tucker Massey | Content Editor

Tucker Massey, junior in journalism, is the content editor for The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Two arrested for possession of destructive device” on social media.