ABC's newest Bachelorette is an Auburn alumna

Charity Lawson is ABC's newest Bachelorette.

The newest Bachelorette for the 20th season of the show in summer 2023 was just named. Who is she? Charity Lawson, Auburn University alumna. 

Lawson earned her masters degree in clinical mental health counseling from Auburn University in May 2022. She was also a member of the of the Sigma Kappa sorority during her college days. 

The Bachelorette is a show where one women will have numerous men fighting for her love with the hopes of an engagement at the end. Lawson will have 29 men during her season. 

With the announcement of Lawsons newfound public title, Auburn will have the public eye back on them for the first time since 2017, when Madison Prewett Trout, also an Auburn alumna, brought attention to the school when she was a contestant on the 24th season of the Bachelor. 

Knowing that the attention will be brought back, Auburn University students are sharing how they feel. 

“I love how Charity is the Bachelorette! It makes me more excited to watch her season because I feel like I can relate to her,” said Austin Broom, sophomore in biomedical sciences. 

Many students are excited to see Lawson on the show, and think that it will only slightly affect people's perspectives about Auburn as a whole.

“I think this will affect people’s perspective of Auburn depending on their views of the show,” said Ella Vaughan, sophomore in biomedical sciences. 

With Lawson being a sister of the Sigma Kappa sorority, the SK’s are excited to have the public attention brought to their chapter. 

“I think it might bring some more focus to our sorority and chapter and will be a great opportunity to share our own experiences as Sigma Kappas with the community,” said Lily Thompson, sophomore in marketing. 

With Lawson being a part of the Auburn Family, she has support from the college, students and her chapter of Sigma Kappa. 

“I think the chapter and the alumnae are excited for her! I hope she finds love and I wish her luck,” Thompson said. 

The Bachelorette will air the season premiere on ABC on June 26, 2023. The show will continue to be aired on Mondays. 

Share and discuss “ABC's newest Bachelorette is an Auburn alumna ” on social media.