No. 2 Auburn's undefeated streak ends against No. 4 Texas A&M

<p>Sophee Steckbeck jumping Blue over fence in a meet against South Carolina at Auburn Equestrian Center on Oct. 27, 2023</p>

Sophee Steckbeck jumping Blue over fence in a meet against South Carolina at Auburn Equestrian Center on Oct. 27, 2023

The No. 2 Auburn equestrian team suffered its first defeat of the season at the hooves of No. 4 Texas A&M, by a score of 11-9.  

Madison Parduhn, riding for the horsemanship event, earned a close point in a 76.5-76.25 effort over Aggie Ella Petak. Caroline Fredenburg and Alexia Tordoff also delivered points for the Tigers. 

The fences event saw the Aggies pick up three wins and even the score at 5-5. Auburn’s points came as Sophee Steckbeck and Avery Glynn delivered 87.5-79 and 84.5-79 wins, respectively. 

In flat, freshmen duo Avery Glynn and Alex Ryden posted the highest scores of any Tiger for the day and earned two points. The Aggies, though, took three of the matchups and the overall lead.

Auburn won two more points in reining with efforts from Caroline Buchanan and Isabella Tesmer, but Texas A&M again won three. The Aggies, led by a 71.25 score from Mattie Guston, closed out the Tigers to complete the home victory.

The Tigers now have a 5-1 season record and a 2-1 record in SEC competition. Auburn will face No. 3 SMU in Dallas for a 10 a.m. CST showdown on Saturday, Nov. 11.

Chase Black | Sports Writer

Chase Black is a senior majoring in English education and minoring in sport communication. From Georgiana, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in fall 2022. 

Twitter: @chaseblack334

Share and discuss “No. 2 Auburn's undefeated streak ends against No. 4 Texas A&M” on social media.