Editorial Staff | Spring 2015

Articles

Editorial: Room for improvement

With the recent announcements of The Vault and The Supper Club closing in the summer, Auburn seems to have become a bar graveyard. Auburn doesn’t have the largest night scene, with arguably only three relevant bars that serve much of the downtown crowd.

Editorial: Please, Alabama, We want more

Alabama University students will visit the Statehouse in Montgomery on Thursday, April 9, to lobby lawmakers for more higher-education funding and fewer cutbacks. Students from nearly every public university in Alabama will attend, including Auburn students.

Editorial: Left out of the loop

Student Affairs has recently revealed plans to combine all student media, The Plainsman, WEGL, “The Glomerata,” “The Circle” and Eagle Eye TV under one umbrella.

Editorial: A Pearl of a postseason

The Auburn men’s basketball team surprised us at the SEC tournament when they beat Mississippi State after struggling into the tournament with a six-game losing streak.

Editorial: We need to talk: it’s not us, it’s you

The Auburn Board of Trustees has approved plans to demolish Parker Hall and Allison Laboratory as well as the construction of a new lab complex and classroom hall, which will be called academic classroom and laboratory complex.

Editorial: Women need equal pay for equal work

The Oscars aired throughout the U.S. on Sunday, Feb. 22. Amonst the typical glitz and glamour of Hollywood, there were speeches given that highlighted ongoing struggles throughout the country. Patricia Arquette, who won best actress in a supporting role, spoke out on gender pay equality. “To every woman who gave birth, to every taxpayer and citizen of this nation, we have fought for everybody else’s equal rights,” Arquette said in her speech.

Editorial: Internet independence essential

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted to not regulate broadband Internet and decided not to control prices for different broadband Internet usage in late February.