YOUR VIEW: Fascist Reminds All Of Meaning Of Easter Holiday, Jesus' Life

The Eucharist is a Christian sacrament or ordinance, generally considered to be a commemoration of the Last Supper, the final meal that Jesus Christ shared with his disciples before his arrest and eventual crucifixion.

The consecration of bread and a cup within the rite recalls the moment at the Last Supper when Jesus gave his disciples bread, saying, "This is my body," and wine, saying, "This is my blood."

To the Church at Corinth, St. Paul writes: "I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread..." (1 Cor.11:23) Paul goes on to say that the Corinthians have not accurately received what he handed on.

In Roman Catholic theology, "transubstantiation" means the change of the substance of bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ, the Eucharist, while all that is accessible to the senses remains as before

The Paschal Candle representing the Light of Christ is the centerpiece of the table today and, like the Paschal Candle at church, is relit each day until the Feast of the Ascension.

The Eucharist on Easter morning will always be a joyful occasion, but it may also be a challenge to regular church people for whom their Easter communion is really important, alongside non-communicants, older people, but probably some children.

In Western Christendom, Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent and falls between February 4th and March 11th, 6 1/2 weeks before Easter.

Early in Christian history the length of Lent varied, but in the 7th century it was fixed at 40 days as a reminder of the 40 days Jesus fasted in the desert. Christians celebrate the end of death and the rebirth of life; but instead of focusing upon nature, Christians believe that Easter marks the day that Jesus Christ was resurrected after spending three days dead in his tomb.

Share and discuss “YOUR VIEW: Fascist Reminds All Of Meaning Of Easter Holiday, Jesus' Life” on social media.