Season-high scoring not enough for No. 16 Auburn

A No.16 Auburn gymnastics (0-4, 0-3 SEC) traveled to Gainesville, Florida, losing to the No. 3 Florida Gators 196.4-197.7 with a season-high in scoring.

Sophomore Samantha Cerio started the night for Auburn on bars scoring 9.8, tying her season-high, with freshman Kendal Moss debuting for an additional 9.7. Fellow sophomore Taylor Krippner would follow up with a 9.825 as Emma Engler, also sophomore, would tie a season-best of 9.85. Freshman Gracie Day anchored the event for a career high 9.875 as the Tigers finished with a 49.050.

Next on vault, freshman Katie Becker opened with a season-best 9.8 for Auburn as sophomore A’Miracal Phillips continued with a season-high 9.725. Engler’s second performance on the night had her scoring a 9.7, with Krippner doing the same for a season-best 9.825. Senior M.J. Rott would precede Day at the anchor for another season-best 9.85, Day completing Auburn’s score of 49.025 with a 9.825.

Cerio would start off on lead for the Tigers once again on floor, coming away with a score of 9.775. Becker’s performance would follow suit with a 9.8, as senior Lucia Scaglione had a career-high 9.825 in the third slot. Redshirt freshman Emma Slappey’s first routine of the night came away with a career-high 9.9, Auburn pulling away a total 49.175.

The night would end on a season-best 49.15 on beam, senior Kullen Hlawek sticking her landing for a season-high 9.775. Her third performance of the night, Cerio wobbled to tie a season-high 9.8. Engler came next for a career-high 9.9, one of the cleanest routines of the season. Becker fell during her routine and came out with a score of 9.25, as Slappey came with a strong finish for a 9.8. Krippner would anchor the night for a career-high 9.875 as Auburn would have a season-high in scoring at 196.4.

“This team has been facing challenges all year and are getting really good at taking them on,” head coach Jeff Graba concluded.

“That showed tonight. This is a group that wants to do it for each other and it was fun to watch one of their best performances on a tough night. I’m just really proud of the team. We finally put the energy together and focused on all four events.”

Auburn will finish its road trip with No. 5 Alabama at the Elevate the Stage event for a non-conference meet on Jan. 29 at 4 p.m. CT. Following their meet with the Crimson Tide, the Tigers will return home to take on No. 23 Arkansas on Feb. 3 at 7 p.m. CT.

Share and discuss “Season-high scoring not enough for No. 16 Auburn” on social media.