If you had to choose: your dog or your boyfriend?

They're sweet, they're cuddly and they love to give wet, slobbery kisses. Oh, and they take the cutest pictures.

No, I'm not talking about your significant other. I'm talking about your dogs and your puppies.

You are not alone if you have to scroll through hundreds of puppy photos on your camera roll before finding a picture of your boyfriend or girlfriend.

A study by Rover.com, the Truth About Dog People, found that most dog people, 65 percent of them, admitted to taking more photos of their dog than their significant other.

Not only that, but more than half of dog people, 54 percent of them, said they would consider ending the relationship if their four-legged friend doesn't like their human partner. One in four pet parents have brought their pet on a date.

And 47 percent of dog people with a significant other admit they would find it harder to leave their furry friend for a week than their human partner. One in three of pet parents have shed a tear when leaving their dog at home.

"Young Americans are less likely to be homeowners or parents than previous generations, but one category they lead in is pet ownership," said Brandie Gonzales, Rover pet lifestyle expert, in the report. "They shower their dogs with attention and splurge on expensive gifts because their dog is their best friend, and they want to be their dog's best friend too."

The study found that 78 percent of dog people would include their dog in family moments, including marriage proposals, holiday cards and vacations.

© 2017 The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.) Visit The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.) at www.kansas.com Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Share and discuss “If you had to choose: your dog or your boyfriend?” on social media.