Last minute spring break ideas

Spring break is quickly approaching, and many of us need to keep a destination on our minds to see the light at the end of the midterm tunnel.

Maybe you’ve already planned an epic getaway, but if you are still scrambling to make some plans, here are some ideas that you can make happen last minute.

Beach-side hotels in Panama City

Most of the crowd-favorite 30A beaches in Florida have ordinances that prevent people under 25 from renting property.

That means unless you have a friend with a beach house, you most likely won’t be staying in Seaside, Rosemary or Greyton.

That’s when the spring break mecca that is PCB comes into play.

You can find a room with a view at a beachside hotel in Panama City for under $130 a night.

The beach will be crawling with other spring breakers so maybe you will even meet some new friends.

Road Trip to Chicago

If you like long car rides and great pizza, then you should grab some pals and take a road trip to Chicago.

It is a long drive, but it’s a straight one. You take Interstate 65 the whole way to the Windy City where you can enjoy the sights, the art and, of course, the pizza.

Often referred to as ground zero for comedy, you can enjoy a different improv show or stand-up act every night.

The two best are IO! and SecondCity. The troops of improvisers and sketch comedians at these two theaters are the recruiting pools for SNL and beyond.

While you are there, enjoy seeing iconic paintings like American Gothic, Moulin Rouge and more at the Art Institute of Chicago. Grab a Chicago dog and cheese fries from Portillos on your way back to your hotel.

Chicago is a cool city with all the hustle and bustle of New York, but it is filled with kind Midwestern attitudes.

They have good public transportation and plenty of reasonable hotels making it for a great cost-effective vacation spot.

Camping

If you are the outdoorsy type, camping is a great option.

Places like Chattanooga provide a great atmosphere for people who enjoy hiking and rock climbing and other traditional camping activities.

However, if you were hoping for a little more quintessential spring break experience without breaking the bank, consider beach camping.

Florida is home to several national parks that allow camping for a small fee. There are even two parks that have their own public beach accesses.

Community Service

There are a lot of great ways you can take a much-needed break from classes and still be doing something very productive.

Auburn offers Alternative Student Breaks, which take students on a variety of different service projects across the country during spring break.

Habitat for Humanity schedules builds during the spring break season for students who want an alternative break.

You could find one happening in your own community or look online for ones in places where habitat has volunteer housing.

If a service break sounds right for you, go volunteer at your local food bank or after-school programs or use a resource like VolunteerMatch to help you find service projects in a certain area.

Share and discuss “Last minute spring break ideas ” on social media.