Alex Wilkerson | Contributing Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
Lifestyle

COLUMN: The 5 best places to cry on campus

Well it’s that time again... finals week.  The semester came and went faster than Jimmy John’s . This is crunch time, and if you’re like many Auburn students, you’re preparing for long nights, hastily convened study groups, and maybe even some tears.  In the process of stressing over your future, you may be wondering where the best places to cry on campus are. That’s where we come in.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Local musician spotlight: The Bama Gamblers

The Bama Gamblers are a four-piece rock ’n’ roll band formed from Auburn, Alabama. p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Times New Roman'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} The group consists of Bo Flynn on bass and vocals, Eric Baath on keyboard, Matt Alemany on guitar, and Hunter a Jackson on the drums. The Gamblers are regular performers at Bourbon Street Bar, and released their debut album, ‘Stone Mountain,’ in 2014.  Lead guitarist Matt Alemany is a founding member of the Bama Gamblers and has been performing with the group since their inception in 2010. Q: When and how did the band form?  A: “We all met in school, and were all playing in different groups.  We knew each other for a while but someone needed a fill in for this person, or we needed somebody to do this or that and next thing you know we started playing together from two different groups and then it started picking up from there. From playing once every few weeks to once every other week, to playing almost every week and then every weekend. It grew out of that.” Q: What would you say are the Gambler’s main influences?

The Auburn Plainsman
News

John Moreland Live at Standard Deluxe Preview

On Tuesday, August 30th, acclaimed Songwriter John Moreland will return to the Standard Deluxe.  Moreland is a folk singer who has released six full-length albums, his most recent being High on Tulsa Heat.  For Moreland this will be his fourth performance at Standard Deluxe, but the first time since he was featured on the late show with Steven Colbert. Scott Peek, founder of the Standard Deluxe, has been so impressed by Moreland that he suggests he would be glad to feature him much more.  “Since he’ started playing here he's gotten representation from larger management, and  I told them that whenever he wants to play here he can play here.

More articles »