Here's an early welcome to our new Vice President of Student Affairs

Students received an e-mail with an announcement concerning our new Vice President of Student Affairs from the Wire Eagle service this week.

The position has been filled.

We would like to welcome Ainsley Carry and his family into our Auburn Family.

Everyone we have spoken to regarding Ainsley's role in the University has stated he would be more on the administrative side of things.

But we look forward to getting to know you, and we hope that having another set of ears in tune with the student body will help this school grow and serve its students to its maximum potential.

One way we can think of to get a feel for what students are thinking would be to check out the SGA's complaint board they had displayed a couple of weeks ago when you arrive.

We are not sure where they have stashed it for now, but as we watched it fill up with suggestions as it sat on the concourse, it became clear students here had a lot to say.

For those of you who missed it, the Wire Eagle service's e-mail and article said Carry had 17 years of experience as a college administrator.

His LinkedIn profile lists Carry as having worked at Southern Methodist University, the University of Arkansas, the University of Florida and Temple University, and it states one of his professional goals is to become the president of a Southeastern Conference institution.

We hope his time at Auburn helps him achieve this goal.

Share and discuss “Here's an early welcome to our new Vice President of Student Affairs” on social media.