Women's Basketball Announces Television Schedule

The Auburn University women's basketball team announced their television schedule this past Tuesday. The Tigers will appear on television at least eight times during the 2009-10 season as part of the Southeastern Conference Women's Basketball Television Package.

The Tigers had a combined 30-4 overall record, were regular season SEC champions and saw last year's standout DeWanna Bonner go to the WNBA finals as the Phoenix Mercury defeated the Los Angeles Sparks to claim the Western Conference championship. The women's basketball team went on to the NCAA where they lost in the second round to No. 7 seed Rutgers team, 80-52.

Auburn will be televised three times by CSS, three times by Fox Sports Net, one time by ESPNU and one by the SEC Network. Games broadcast on Fox Sports Net include Sun Sports, FSN Florida, FSN South and FSN Southwest.

Auburn's first televised game will be against the University of Florida on Thursday, Jan. 7, at 6 p.m. on CSS. Auburn will then take on Louisiana State University at 2 p.m. in Baton Rouge, La. making its first Fox Sports Net appearance.

Auburn will appear on CSS again Jan. 21 against Vanderbilt and again as the team travels to Knoxville, Tenn., to play the Lady Vols.

Auburn will open their season with an exhibition game against Georgia State College and University at 2 p.m., Nov. 8 in the Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum. The regular season starts Nov. 13 as the Tigers take on in-state rival Troy at 6 p.m.

Share and discuss “Women's Basketball Announces Television Schedule” on social media.