Audrey Moore from Auburn University is 2010 Miss Alabama USA, Miss Congeniality

One Auburn student dressed as Miss Alabama on Halloween, except her outfit was not a costume.

Audrey Moore was crowned Miss Alabama USA 2010 as well as Miss Congeniality at the Wright Center Concert Hall in Birmingham.

"Winning Miss Alabama was the most exciting feeling of my life," said Moore, sophomore in communication disorders. "I cried and screamed. It was overwhelming."

The Miss Congeniality award was voted on by the other candidates who voted Moore as the most charismatic and inspirational participant.

"I went in with the goal to win," Moore said. "But I wanted to look back on it and have a good time and make friends as well."

According to the press release, Moore received a prize package including an all expense paid trip to represent Alabama at the Miss USA competition.

It will be April 18, 2010, at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.

"I hired a new coach to prepare me for Miss USA," Moore said. "I will spend the next few months training while traveling all over the state to promote the official causes of Miss USA, including breast and ovarian cancer."

Moore said she did not know much about pageants, except for winning Miss Greek Week and Miss Glomerata and decided to enter last minute.

She said she is just a typical Auburn student and did not want to miss the Ole Miss game.

"Audrey was more of a tomboy than a beauty queen growing up," said Lisa Moore, Audrey's mother. "She never participated in a pageant until high school and she had to enter as a fundraiser for cheerleading. She is more of the outdoors-y type."

Moore said she hired a personal trainer at the Student Act to prepare for the swimsuit competition and watched the news to be informed for the interview questions.

She hired a coach to help her with her swimsuit walk.

"Miss Alabama was a whole new experience for me," Moore said. "I competed before, but I had no idea how to walk across a stage in a swimsuit."

Moore said Auburn University gave her the confidence to compete after winning two pageants here.

She said being interviewed in the many organizations she is involved in here, such as Pi Beta Phi, Lambda Sigma, Auburn Modeling Board and Student Government Association, prepared her for the interview portion.

Share and discuss “Audrey Moore from Auburn University is 2010 Miss Alabama USA, Miss Congeniality” on social media.