Bramblett honored with Alabama Sportscaster of the Year

The National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association named Rod Bramblett the 2010 Alabama Sportscaster of the Year.

Bramblett is the announcer for Auburn football, men's basketball and baseball. If that isn't enough, he also is the host of the radio show, "Tiger Talk."

"People most know him for football, but I think this award is really a recognition of the fact that he calls all three sports for Auburn and also handles our call-in show, and he serves as the talent on our TV shows," Jon Cole, the general manager of the Auburn Sports Network said. "So, I think that this award really recognizes and is an acknowledgment of his versatility and how many different things he does for Auburn."

Bramblett attributed his success to his fellow co-workers.

"I really want to stress that this award is for really not only me, but the Auburn Sports Network and every person that's on the air, every person behind the scene," Bramblett said. "They all play a part in what we do in every broadcast."

The NSSA awarded Bramblett at their banquet and Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Salisbury, N.C.

Bramblett also won the award in 2006.

"It's just a great honor because it's voted on by fellow broadcasters and sports writers within the state of Alabama," Bramblett said.

The award has a tendency to be a popularity contest, Cole said. But, in this case it wasn't.

"I absolutely think that this is an acknowledgement of Rod's hard work and diligence," he said.

Share and discuss “Bramblett honored with Alabama Sportscaster of the Year” on social media.