Your view: OWS column 'merely assumption'

I sincerely respect the thought of informing the people about today's issues and events, however; the article you published titled "'Occupy' demands echo Obama Politics" was misleading and the "facts" you obtained about Occupy Wall street were not facts at all, but merely assumption.

The Occupy Wall street movement is not adverse to capitalism let alone fighting against it. Yes, we are protesting social and economic inequality but on the bases of big corporations and its interference with the government.

The people have lost their voice. If our economic policy is laissezi-faire then why does corporate influence our government more than the american voice does?

There is a problem in this system we use today based off of the lack of morality in these big corporations. Capitalism can not work if the " big man" isn't doing his share. One can not work his or her way to the top if one isn't given opportunity to do so.

Unemployment is currently 9.1%, that is out of every one hundred persons 9 people are unemployed; this does not include Americans under 16 nor does it include people who are not looking for jobs.

Yes, the rich falls under the "umbrella of the American public" but the fact that these companies aren't using their money to produce jobs and stimulate the economy but instead increasing their own salaries and giving themselves unnecessary bonuses tells us there need to be some kind of implementation.

Usually taxing the rich does not work, as we have learned from Reagan and his brillant-at the time-reaganomics, but that was when corporate america was doing it's job; when they actually benefited and trickled the funds down to main street.

I feel that this article was very narrow-minded and did not support facts of today's society. If you do not think that the economy is "collapsing on us" then what exactly constitutes as "collapsing" in your book?

With 9.1% unemployment, quantitive easing of the dollar bill, endless military funding, and 14.949 trillion dollars in debt and counting as of 6:16:06pm on November 3, 2011, I along with the other 99% of the population strongly disagree.

Thank you for taking the time out to read this, and as a student at Auburn I sincerely want to make sure things published in our community are correctly noted.

Sheila West

freshman, pre-nursing

Share and discuss “Your view: OWS column 'merely assumption'” on social media.