Make summer exams a breeze

(Rachel Suhs / DESIGN EDITOR)
(Rachel Suhs / DESIGN EDITOR)

Finals make college life infamous for its week-long resemblance to the underworld.

However, with proper tools and planning, finals could potentially be a stress-free breeze, especially if you start the preparation trend among your friends.

Finding a conducive environment in advance to meet with others from the same class should be an initial preparation.

"I've gotten to where I don't even like the library anymore," said Carrie Coker, senior in apparel merchandising design and production management. "I've gotten to be one of those nerds that study at the coffee shop. I tried it during midterms, and I did better on them than usual."

If success is what you seek, plan to go above and beyond by spending time outside of the classroom in preparation of finals--not only in the library, but also meeting with professors during their designated office hours, requesting advising outside of office hours and seeking help from tutors where needed.

Clear communication with professors and tutors throughout the semester is beneficial by showing an interest and dedication as well as acquiring extra insight.

"I think my finals are going to go fine because my tutors help me prepare by testing me in every session that we have leading up to my finals," said Pat Lymon, offensive running back and sophomore in public administration.

Professors who see that you are putting in extra effort are more likely to share tips and any other advice needed to pass the course with flying colors.

Practice in being ahead of the curve is a winning solution especially when it comes down to finals week.

Students often resort to last-minute, late-night cram sessions, usually resulting in after-hours consumption of meals and beverages for that extra and desperately needed boost of energy.

"To prepare for finals, I make delicious coffee and acquire GiGi's cupcakes," said Victoria Patton, senior in communication. "Also, one solitary beer never hurts."

Being involved in extracurricular activities during finals may sound exponentially more stressful, but by using the tools and opportunities that are made available for Auburn's students, such as access to extra resources, collaboration with individuals who are also involved and individuals that could potentially lead you in the right direction that might not be clear otherwise, achieving your desired goals for finals week is possible.

"Fraternity stuff goes to the backburner for me during finals," said Will Holladay, member of the agricultural fraternity Alpha Gamma Rho and junior in agricultural economics. "You have a responsibility to the fraternity to make good grades."

Of course, remember what your parents and teachers have always told you about maintaining sanity throughout finals, which include balancing time management, healthy eating habits, and exercise.

Share and discuss “Make summer exams a breeze” on social media.