Softball bounces back

The softball team rebounded after being shut out by No. Four Alabama on Friday, March 22 to defeat the Crimson Tide 7-4 in the second game of the conference series on Saturday, March 23. The victory snapped an 18-game losing streak to the Tide.
"I am tremendously happy for our players and proud of the effort they gave today," said Head Coach Tina Deese. "We battled back after getting behind early and never cracked. I thought Marcy did a really good job of never letting them get a big inning going. They put runners on, but couldn't get a hit off her to get anyone home. We're going to enjoy this tonight and get ready for a big game tomorrow."
Alabama took control of the game early, jumping out to a 3-0 lead in the second.
Auburn would battle back in the top of the third though after Emily Carosone hit a leadoff home run to make it a 3-1 game. Later in the third, a single to center by Caitlin Jordan would bring in another run to make it a 3-2 game.
The Tigers would finish the third inning scoring five runs to take the lead over the Tide 5-3.
Carosone extended Auburn's lead in the top of the seventh with a two-out, RBI double to the wall in center. The double scored Morgan Estell, who walked, to give the Tigers a 7-3 lead.
In the bottom of the seventh Alabama would cut into the Auburn lead after Jackie Traina hit a leadoff homerun to make it a 7-4 game.
It was too late for the Tide though as the Tigers were able to hold on to the 7-4 lead for the victory.
Carosone finished the day with four hits and two RBIs.
Harper earned the complete game victory after allowing four runs on nine hits.
The series will conclude on Sunday, March 24 at 2 p.m.

Share and discuss “Softball bounces back” on social media.