His View: According to the Bible

In the most recent issue of The Plainsman, a column was written concerning what the Bible says about homosexuality. It is not my place to condemn anyone, but God has clearly revealed His position to us in His holy, inspired Word. Romans 1:26-27 reads, "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." Several observations can be made about this passage.

Firstly, notice what words are used to describe this activity: vile, unnatural, shameful, erroneous, and penalty-inducing (Leviticus 18:22; 20:13 also refer to it as an abomination). Secondly, it is important to note how these individuals came to homosexuality. The passage that surrounds these verses (Romans 1:16-32) adds clarity to this issue. These people led lives of rebellion against the holy God, and their continual rebellion against Him led them down a pathway to foolishness. They were not born homosexuals; they willingly rebelled against the God of Creation and allowed their hearts to be continually darkened.

Homosexuality is a clear violation of God's law, but God is able to save even the chief of sinners. Ephesians 6:23 reads, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Share and discuss “His View: According to the Bible” on social media.