ZTA's Big Man on Campus raises awareness for breast cancer

Camren Brantley-Rios, winner of ZTA's Big Man on Campus (Sarah May / Photo Editor)

The Zeta Tau Alpha sorority hosted their 18th annual Big Man on Campus event tonight to benefit the Susan G. Komen foundation and breast cancer education and awareness.
The event started at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Act.
Each Auburn sorority had to nominate a candidate to participate in the pageant.
The event started off with a dance routine performed by all the candidates, then a round of individual questions and ended with a talent portion.
Contestants have been practicing since the first week of February.
Camren Brantley-Rios, junior in public relations, was one of the candidates that represented the Delta Delta Delta sorority.
"I was very nervous for my dance because it was so challenging," Brantley-Rios said. "I got it from So You Think You Can Dance and it was one of the best hip-hop routines in the whole show, in its entirety. Really down to the last minute, we were freaking out."
Brantley-Ross ended up winning the pageant and taking home the crown.
"My best friend who is the philanthropy chair for Delta Delta Delta nominated me and I know how passionate she is about philanthropy so I thought I would do this in her honor," Brantley-Rios said.
Kelsey Branham, sophomore in physical therapy, was one of the Zeta Tau Alpha members working the event.
The Big Man on Campus event raised $200,000 in the past and they hope to meet that goal again, according to Branham.
"It gets fraternities involved, it gets people from non-Greek life and it gets everyone from every sorority involved," Branham said. "So, it really does bring everyone together to work towards a common goal."
Taylor Smith, junior in public relations, came to support her friend Matthew Ciuros, who represented the Sigma Kappa sorority.
"You get to meet a lot of different people from Auburn's community that you have never met before," Smith said. "I would definitely consider coming again. It was a lot of fun."

Share and discuss “ZTA's Big Man on Campus raises awareness for breast cancer” on social media.