Auburn board of trustees to hold meeting at AUM Campus

The Auburn board of trustees will hold its second meeting of 2015 at Auburn University at Montgomery on Feb. 6, at 9 a.m. in the Taylor Center.
The Provost will propose the approval of construction of a two-building academic classroom and laboratory complex to replace Allison and Parker Halls, and the selection of the architect and construction manager. This project would provide classrooms and instructional laboratories, according to the board of trustees' meeting agenda.
The Provost will propose a project to build a new School of Nursing facility to include classrooms, instructional spaces, simulation laboratories and administrative offices. The new School of Nursing will support the increased size of the nursing program, according to the agenda.
The request for the board is to approve the project initiation and approve the selection of architect and construction manager.
College of Veterinary Medicine representatives will propose a new food animal research facility. The college will request Foil Wyatt Architects, the same firm that completed the Bailey Small Animal Teaching Hospital to complete this project, according to the agenda.
During its meeting in November, the board adopted a resolution authorizing the commencement of the architect selection process for the Carol Ann Charles E. Gavin III Engineering Research Laboratory renovation project. The architecture firm is Steven & Wilkinson of Atlanta. The action before the board is to approve the architect selection.
Board members will discuss the approval of the Samford Park Redevelopment Project budget, funding plan, site project program and design. The project would include creating a brick, tree-lined walkway from Toomer's corner to Samford Hall.
Athletic department representatives are proposing the video board in the south end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium be replaced and operational by August 2015. The board members will discuss the request to approve the project program, budget and project fund according to the agenda.
Representatives from the athletic department have been researching ways to improve game day experience, such as enhancing amenities, improving areas used by student-athletes and recruits and the possibility of additional seating. Members of the board will discuss the approval of 360 Architecture, Infinity Architecture and B.L. Harbert International Inc. as the construction managers for the project.
Representatives from the athletic department will also propose a project to add on to a section of the Auburn Arena to provide facilities for the women's volleyball team. Board members will discuss the approval of the project and commencement of the selection process for an architect.

Share and discuss “Auburn board of trustees to hold meeting at AUM Campus” on social media.