Auburn women's tennis spring season preview

false

<p>The Tigers are starting the season ranked 28th according to ITA rankings. (Photo contributed by Auburn Athletics)</p>

The Tigers are starting the season ranked 28th according to ITA rankings. (Photo contributed by Auburn Athletics)

The Auburn women's tennis team is set to begin its spring season this weekend with matches against Middle Tennessee State and Alabama A&M respectively.
The Tigers are starting the season ranked 28th, according to Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings.
In addition to a strong starting ranking, the Tigers' own junior Pleun Burgmans is ranked 36th nationally.
Burgmans and her doubles partner, senior Emily Flickenger, are currently ranked third among women's doubles teams in the nation.
The only other senior member of the team is Jen Pfeifler who is looking to improve upon a fall semester in which she went 8-1 including a tournament win at the United States Tennis Association Clay Court Championships with freshman partner Mary Katherine Lewis.
Over the next month, the women's team will be playing numerous out of conference matches to prepare for conference play, which starts Feb. 2. Some the major out of conference opponents include Wake Forest, Texas Tech, and Washington.

Share and discuss “Auburn women's tennis spring season preview” on social media.