Georgia comeback hands Tigers fifth straight loss

false

"Senior Hasina Muhammad led Auburn with a season-high 26 points on 8-of-18 shooting." (Emily Enfinger l Assistant Photo Editor)

The Auburn women's basketball team dropped its fifth consecutive game to No. 20 Georgia 57-52 Sunday in the Auburn Arena.
The Tigers (9-8, 0-4) outshot, outrebounded and handed out more assists than the Bulldogs, stretching out an 11-point lead in the first half.
But the Bulldogs (15-2, 3-1 SEC) endured, getting to the free throw line 31 times and converting on 24 of those attempts. Auburn reached the line 10 times, making six.
Senior Hasina Muhammad recorded her second career double-double in the loss, finishing with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulldogs were led by Tiaria Griffin's 16 points, and Shacobia Barbee's 15 points and 11 rebounds.
The Tigers have lost their fourth consecutive conference game to open SEC play, this after starting the season 9-3.
Auburn returns to action in the Auburn Arena Jan. 15, when they'll host the No. 7 Tennessee Volunteers (14-2, 4-0 SEC). Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT.

Share and discuss “Georgia comeback hands Tigers fifth straight loss” on social media.