Tigers drop sixth consecutive conference game, Muhammad ejected after fight

false

The Tigers return home to take on Mississippi State Monday, Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. in Auburn Arena. (File photo)

Despite a season-high 29 turnovers and 30-24 halftime deficit, Auburn (9-10, 0-6 SEC) rallied to take a two-point lead late in the second half. However, Alabama (12-9, 1-5 SEC) would go on to win the game 51-50 after Brandy Montgomery's last second shot was blocked at the buzzer.
Katie Frerking netted a career-high 15 points to go along with eight rebounds. Brandy Montgomery added 16 points, and Tra'Cee Tenner scored nine points and pulled down a game-high 10 rebounds.
After Auburn fought back to take a 47-45 lead, Alabama relied on sharp free throw shooting down the stretch to put the game away, finding their way to the line six times in the game's final three minutes.
Although Auburn shot 38 percent from the floor to Alabama's 30.2, the Tide scored 31 points off of the Tigers' 29 turnovers creating a lead that was too large for the Tigers to overcome.
At the 1:17 mark in the first half, a fight broke out between the two teams that resulted in the ejection of Auburn's Hasina Muhammad and Alabama's Breanna Hayden and Meoshonti Knight.
Next up, the Tigers return home to take on Mississippi State Monday, Jan. 26, at 8 p.m. in Auburn Arena.

Share and discuss “Tigers drop sixth consecutive conference game, Muhammad ejected after fight” on social media.