Tigers fall to 0-10 despite Montgomery's hot night

false

No. 10 Brandy Montgomery played for 35 minutes tonight. (Ellen Jackson | Photographer)

Auburn fell to 0-10 in conference play Thursday night in Auburn Arena. LSU survived a second half, 3-point barrage by the Tigers to hold on for a 60-49 road win.
Although Auburn connected six times from deep in the second half, it was not enough to make up the difference.
LSU scored 28 points off of 24 Auburn turnovers while shooting a perfect 14-14 from the free throw line.
"We are just hurting ourselves by turning the ball over and giving up offensive rebounds," Coach Terri-Williams Flournoy said. "Those are things that we have control of, and we just have to do a better job than that."
Williams-Flournoy went with her eighth starting lineup of the season tonight --Petithomme, Montgomery, Frerking, Dieng, and Tanner-- and even in the loss, she said she believes the current unit gives her team the best chance to win moving forward.
"We are going to keep that lineup for the rest of the season," Williams-Flournoy said. "I am tired of changing the lineup. I told our freshman on the bench that they have to play better... They have to step up and give (our starters) a breather."
Brandy Montgomery's sharpshooting was on full display to keep Auburn from falling too far behind. She connected on five of her eight 3-point attempts in the second half, including three in a row to cut LSU's 38-23 lead to six.
Montgomery finished with a game-high 23 points and tied her career-high with six made 3-pointers.
"We have learned over the past few games that it can't just be one person," Williams-Flournoy said. "If we get Brandy scoring and somebody else scoring, that just gives us an opportunity."
Danielle Ballard led LSU with 14 points and three assists. Anne Pedersen and Raigyne Moncrief each scored 11 points for the visiting team.
Sophomore guard Kiani Parker missed her third straight game with a leg injury. According to Williams-Flournoy, there is no timetable for her return.
"We are trying to work her back in," Williams-Flournoy said. "She is practicing a little bit, and just seeing how much pain she can tolerate. So we will just have to wait and see."
LSU has won the last six meetings between the two teams.\0x200B

Share and discuss “Tigers fall to 0-10 despite Montgomery's hot night” on social media.