Tigers grab first road win at LSU

false

Auburn guard KT Harrell attempts a layup against Levi Randolph on Jan. 24, 2015. (Kenny Moss / Assistant Photo Editor)

Behind 28 points from K.T. Harrell and 24 from Antoine Mason, the Auburn Tigers picked up their first road win of the season in a 81-77 nailbiter over the home LSU Tigers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Auburn led 79-77 with only eight seconds left in the game when LSU's Josh Gray missed the second of his two free throws, which was corralled by Mason. Mason was whistled for a travel, and the ball was given back to LSU.
The ensuing inbounds pass was stolen by Mason, who then converted two free throws to put Auburn up four with only a second left.
With the win, Auburn snapped a four-game losing streak and moved to 11-11 overall on the season and 3-6 in the SEC.
Cinmeon Bowers, who finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds, collected his 13th double-double of the season, which leads the SEC.
Harrell and Mason combined to shoot 13-for-25 and 8-for-13 from three as the two senior guards shouldered the load for Bruce Pearl's squad down the stretch, scoring 21 of the Tigers' final 23 points. \0x200B

Share and discuss “Tigers grab first road win at LSU” on social media.