Red Clay Brewing Company hosts concert

Occasional flashes of lightning did not deter people from listening to Grace Albritton, Andrew Combs and B.B. Palmer & Kudzu at the railyard next to John Emerald Distilling Company and Red Clay Brewing Company on Friday, July 24.

The concert, hosted by Red Clay, went well, according to Richard Patton, who organized the event. He said he was happy the weather cooperated.

"Atmosphere is good, we like to have people that like to have a good time, but they also pay attention to the music, and are respectful of the musicians," Patton said.

Grace Albritton, senior in English, creative writing, kicked off the night. She has played in Auburn and Opelika before, and is currently on tour. 

"I'm a little bit tired, but it was really fun and I had a really good time," Albritton said.

She said her favorite song was "Welcome Here," the third song of her set, because she wrote it for a friend, and it has a special meaning to her.

"That's just what we're all about, making people feel welcomed and loved," Albritton said.

Jimmy Sharp, owner of John Emerald Distilling Company, said the concert was great because it also gave his business some exposure.

"It's a win on all fronts," Sharp said.

Sharp said he was excited to have the concert next door to him.

"We're excited just to have access to some great music, to hear it, from a personal level, then on a business level, to see some new faces in the distillery," Sharp said.

Lisa Harry attended the concert. She said the venue was "a gift."

"It is a beautiful place to hear live music," Harry said. "It is such a positive venue." 

Patton said the next concert will be Friday, Aug. 28.

Share and discuss “Red Clay Brewing Company hosts concert” on social media.