Former Tiger All-American earns first Web.com Tour Title

Former Auburn All-American golfer Dominic Bozzelli won the inaugural Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship on Sunday. This victory marked Bozzelli’s first career Web.com Tour win and earned him the number six spot on the money list. Before this victory, Bozzelli was sitting in the 37th spot on the money list.

In his final round on Sunday, Bozzelli sealed the victory and finished 24-under par.

“This is a big relief,” said Bozzelli. “I really wanted to win this year. I think I’m pretty close to locking up that card. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m going to enjoy this one for sure, but I’d like to try and get another one.”

The Rochester, New York native is in his first full season on the Web.com Tour and only appeared in 10 events in 2015 and five in 2014. Bozzelli is hoping to earn a PGA Tour card and will be awarded with one if he remains in the top 25 on the money list.

During his time on the Plains, Bozzelli was selected to be an All-American twice. Bozzelli believes the support of his family, as well as friend and caddy Andrew Medley, has proved to be an integral part of his recent success. Medley also played golf at Auburn before serving as Bozzelli’s caddy.

“I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for their support,” said Bozzelli. “To have them here to see that first one was really special. It’s definitely a week we won’t forget.”

Share and discuss “Former Tiger All-American earns first Web.com Tour Title” on social media.